Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

6-11 Strange Little Bug Bites

I'm sure my parents will be embarassed to read this, but I haven't really let that stop me so far.  I did another pub crawl last night with a bunch of people from my class, and while I didn't even enjoy it that much I managed to walk away with some valuable lessons:
  1. The quality of the pub crawl has very little to do with the attractiveness of the person trying to convince you to go on it. 
  2. I have a highly believable Australian accent.  Some Georgian girl from a bachelorette party still thinks I'm from Queensland.
  3. I will shamelessly give relationship advice to people I've never met on long walks between bars.
  4. "Free" does not always mean "Weak".  The less you pay, the more you may regret it in the morning. 
  5. You should always figure out where the crawl ends, or at least where you'll hop off, so you can finish close to home.
  6. I should never again miss supper without telling Roser.  She found me curled up outside her door at 7 this morning and that was the first thing she wanted to discuss.
  7. Sleeping outside your apartment because you left your keys on your nightstand and you don't want to wake up your host mom may be courteous, but is totally not worth it.  See title of this post.
  8. You don't have to be that drunk to do some really strange things (viz. #6-7).
All in all, it was an interesting night.  Who knows what tonight will bring...at least I didn't book a campsite thinking it was a hostel like the rest of my classmates :-)

No philosophical wisdom (or folley) today, just a huge reminder to never take yourself too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment