Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Highway Robbery

O'Hare Airport
Listening to: Dane Callstrom - Killed Via Prius

Unfortunately, I left my power adapters in my room and consequently gave my left arm for a set of 5 cheap pieces of plastic (actually it was a meager $24.99). I'm even more annoyed because now I definitely can't afford the unmarked draughts at any of the only restaurants with tables - how strategic. Guess I'll just sip a $4.65 15-ounce bottle of juice and contemplate the rest of this adventure.

To elaborate on my last post (since I have another 15 minutes), I think my biggest worry is that I'm barely worried at all. I don't have a list of people to call and tell goodbye like Sam - I don't even have a phone. I'm anxious, but I think I feel like I've done all the fretting I can do. It's just time to do it. I'll miss everyone at home and at Valpo, especially my little brothers, but it's time to go.

Mike and Luke - I know I'm going to feel even smaller and more out of shape when I come back to see you guys. It was fun working out those couple of days...lay off the roids.

Sam - Use that camera I gave mom to record you and your buddy playing in the music room (but don't let him use my guitars). I wanna see this.

Tom - I know I'll catch you on facebook so don't use me as an excuse to just sit on it for hours. Have fun this summer - do something you'll remember in 10 years when you're sitting in my spot.

Mom and Dad - Hope you like the beginnings of that song. Unfortunately, I probably won't have access to a piano over there, so it'll have to wait until the fall. I love you guys and owe you more gratitude than I can put into words. You're giving me the opportunity of a lifetime - now all I have to do is make it count.

Samantha - Quit looking over my shoulder. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment